Health & Safety
Health and safety measures have been developed to protect participants, staff and volunteers and to ensure that physical distancing is observed during all programs and camps.
Before you arrive:
To protect the safety of others, you must not participate in programs if:
- You have any of the following symptoms; fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, body aches, headache, new loss of taste, loss of smell or sore throat
- In the last 14 days, you have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed COVID- 19 diagnosis or probable case of COVID-19
- You have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
If any of the above applies to you, please call 604-925-7270 to cancel before the start of the class and to receive a refund.
During your class:
To protect the safety of others, please follow these steps to reduce the transmission of COVID-19:
- You must wear a mask in all West Vancouver community centres.
- Please keep 2 meters apart at all times (except for members of the same household).
- Please bring your own water bottle and fill the bottle at home prior to attending the class
- Wash or sanitize your hands directly before and after your class
- Arrive right on time or no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of your class to minimize waiting in common areas
- Avoid lingering after your class, and leave the facilities as soon as your class is over
West Vancouver Recreation Health & Safety Measures
To limit the transmission of COVID-19, West Vancouver Recreation has adopted and implemented the following health and safety measures:
- A COVID-19 Safety plan has been developed in accordance with WorkSafe BC requirements and orders issued by the office of the provincial health officer
- All programs and camps are designed in accordance with provincial and local health authority guidelines
- All programs require registration (no drop-ins) to manage group size and to enable the collection of class participant information
- Program participants will be asked health screening questions prior to the start of every program as required by local health authorities
- Masks are mandatory inside all West Vancouver community centres
- Programs and camps are planned in large spaces or with reduced capacities to allow physical distancing
- All staff and supervisors are trained in COVID-19 safety strategies
- Touch points have been identified and are limited to a minimum, and facility cleaning protocols have been implemented
- Shared equipment will be minimized and cleaning protocols have been implemented where shared equipment will be used
- In person transactions are limited to a minimum, and customer service staff are available by phone to answer questions and assist with online registration
- Handwashing or sanitization stations are available for every program and camp
- Clear COVID-19 signage, reminders and visual prompts implemented on site
- Program staff and supervisors are committed to supporting all program and camp participants with following health and safety guidelines
- First aid will be administered following COVID-19 guidelines and protocols